Front Desk Agent
Hotel Front Desk Agent (Full-time & Part Time)
Our 30-room hotel needs Hotel Front Desk Agents to serve as the face of our business and senior management’s connection with our guests. We’re looking for a friendly individual who genuinely enjoys being around people and who can manage multitasking. The ideal candidate will have previous customer service experience and will understand the importance of responding quickly to guests’ needs and complaints. Must be hardworking, responsible, dependable and willing to go the extra mile!
Created by the seasoned team behind Willowdale Estate and Bramble Hospitality, our newest property extends our renowned hospitality and exceptional service to a relaxed country setting in historic Rowley, Massachusetts.
Briar Barn Inn blends casual elegance and rustic comfort. Our restaurant, spa and guest rooms serve up all the elements to make your wedding, business event, or family celebration a welcoming and memorable experience.
Hotel Front Desk Agent responsibilities
- Answer the phone at the front desk to respond to current and prospective guests’ needs
- Book reservations for individuals, families and groups as required
- Act as a bell person or housekeeper when necessary
- Greet all guests as they arrive (follow a 5/10 rule).
- Schedule special services, such as spa treatments, when guests inquire
- Track housekeepers ready rooms / log hours / communicate
- Refer guests to local amenities and venues
- Communicate guests’ requests and complaints to the appropriate department
- Be a team player!
- Maintain a professional attitude and be friendly, courteous, kind at all times.
- Communicate effectively with other departments and managers.
- Keep front desk and lobby areas neat and clean at all times.
- Stay organized and calm while managing multiple tasks.
- Take initiative to solve problems and improve operations.
- Be well groomed and neat in appearance.
- Be helpful to guests and go the extra mile when possible.
- Communicate in English in a clear, concise, grammatically correct, pleasant and sincere manner.
- Be outgoing, friendly and patient even after working long hours.
- Effectively deal with internal and external customers who will require the highest level of customer service with patience and tact.
- Understand and practice the policies of Briar Barn Inn
- Handle multiple tasks with poise, accuracy and timeliness.
- Use good judgment at all times.
- Carry out all requests correctly and creatively in a timely manner.
- Work independently as well as take ownership on delegated projects.
- Be flexible with the schedule and be willing to pitch in wherever is needed in any department.
Skills and Qualifications
- Familiarization with RoomMaster is a plus
- Exceptional detail and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work through any customer complaint with a smile on your face and ability to resolve issues on hand.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience and skills:
- Hotel: 1 year
- High school diploma/GED required
- Bilingual a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Familiarity with the hospitality industry a plus
- Ability to pass background check and drug screening
- Willingness to maintain confidentiality
- Minimum of one year hotel operations experience or hotel related experience or service industry is a plus.
- Excellent Communication skills: must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the hotel and by guests who frequently visit the hotel.
- Physical: requires writing, standing for long periods, lifting up to 50lbs, sitting, walking, repetitive motions and excellent speaking ability.
- Technical: must have strong computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and managing a database is a plus.
Required license or certification:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Customer Service: 3 years (Required)
- Front Desk: 1 year (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)